Monday, January 30, 2012

Manicure Monday: Topaz



What have I done to anger the Polish Gods so??  My last pedicure was a huge failure and when I painted my nails here, it looked horrible too so this manicure should not be a surprise.  It seems nothing I paint works out lately.
This was two coats of L.A. Colors Nail Lacquer Hardener in Topaz.  I picked this up at Dollar General for $1.00.  This picture was taken just a few hours after painting my nails, and as you can see, the polish was already wearing at the tips rather badly.  Also, the application was streaky and uneven.  The color looked much prettier and more opaque in the bottle but was actually much more sheer and much more orange in person than in the bottle.  Disappointment all over.  Needless to say, this manicure didn't even stay on for twenty-four hours.
I am officially done trying this line of polishes from L.A. Colors.  I like a lot of other products from this company, but two fails out of two polishes is enough for me.  I'll stick to my Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes, which I love, and only cost $2.50.  Xtreme Wear is much better quality in my opinion.

2 comments: