Monday, January 23, 2012

Manicure Monday: Diva Girly Fabulosity

This manicure was so absurdly girly and sparkly I had to name it something ridiculous.  It was not my usual style but I really enjoyed it while it lasted!
I started out with a base coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Grip.  I then followed with three coats of Wet N Wild Wild Shine in Tickled Pink.  This is a light barbie-ish pink creme shade but just like many light shades, this goes on rather streaky at first but by the third coat is opaque.
I then added on two coats of N.Y.C. Long Wearing in Starry Silver Glitter.  This is a beautiful glitter with small bits of holographic glitter along with larger lavender and royal blue glitter.  The large glitter is hard to distribute evenly, as you might imagine but not too horribly difficult.  You can see there is much more large glitter on my index finger than any other one.  After the glitter, I topcoated with Seche Vite.
Check out how pretty the glitter is in this picture!  Complete Diva Girly Fabulosity.  This was a really pretty look but within twenty-four hours, the many layers of polish were peeling pretty badly.  All in all, this manicure was exactly what I expected: sparkly and girly but chipped as fast as you would thing two layers of glitter would.

No comments:

Post a Comment