Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Manicure: Cotton Candy

To say the least, I was extremely disappointed in this nail polish.  This was two to three coats of L.A. Colors in Cotton Candy.  I had high hopes for this polish, I really did.  In the bottle, it looks like a lovely sheer light pink with lots of gold shimmer.  (You can see the shimmer in the bottle.)  I didn't expect this to be opaque, but I also didn't expect it to be so difficult to work with.  I found the formula very hard to get to be even.  You can see on my index finger how it is much lighter at the cuticle than at the tips.  Also, dry time was pretty slow on this which was frustrating when I was trying to just get a quick look.  At $1.00, at least I don't feel like I wasted a lot of money.
For this manicure, I used Sally Hansen Insta-Grip Base Coat and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat.  I definitely don't think the top coat is fast drying.  Fifteen minutes after top coating, when I went to get a drink, several of my nails smudged pretty badly, which you can see if you look closely at the index and middle fingers.  Overall, this was just a crummy looking manicure and I think a good deal of the issues may have stemmed from my impatience in waiting for things to dry.  I'll give this polish another try someday before officially declaring that it's awful.  Has anyone had good luck with L.A. Colors polishes and have any wisdom to offer?

2 comments:

  1. Try Essie's Fiji - a milky pink. Or Revlon's scented polish Cotton Candy is one of my favs. Very lady like and polished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I looked at swatches and they both look similar but better than this one!

      Delete