Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I Found the Treasure! (Happy Booster Lipstick)

I can't believe I just posted last night about treasure hunting for this lipstick!  Then today I stopped by CVS to pick up some milk and it was just sitting there, mocking me as if it had been there the whole time and I just looked in all the wrong CVS stores.  Oh well!  I was pretty happy to find the new Physician's Formula Happy Booster Lipsticks.  There were two shades, one called I <3 Nude and one called I <3 Rose.  Not a big fan of nude lips on me, I decided to go with the rose shade.
I'll be honest.  The only thing that really made me want this lipstick was the cute heart design embedded in the lipstick.  The colors aren't very unique (with just two shades) but the packaging of this tube just drew my attention.  You can see the heart design in the photo above.  In the photo below you will notice the shiny pink tube with a slanted angled top.  I like that the lipstick rolls down almost completely into the tube so you won't scuff up the lipstick on the lid.
Honestly, after searching so many stores for this pink tube, I'm a little disappointed.  I don't feel like the color is great.  It's a bit drying and not the best texture.  It doesn't smell the way the Happy Booster Blushes did.  This isn't a review since I literally just bought it an hour ago, but I'm not sure if I'm going to like this product, which is frustrating considering how much effort I put into finding it.  Oh well.  Maybe it will grow on me.
The packaging states that this lipstick is hypoallergenic, paraben free and dermatologist approved.  If you enlarge the photo above, you can read the entire packaging with the claims.
Sunlight
Artificial light
Finally, some swatches done on my hand.  The top swatch was taken in direct sunlight.  The bottom was taken in artificial light.  I'm not sure yet how I feel about the color on me.


If you're curious about the price on this lipstick, my CVS was charging $9.49 for a tube.  I feel like that's rather pricey for what this is so I'm glad I still had a CVS Extra Bucks coupon for $5.00 that I had saved from my last CVS purchase.  For $4.49, I feel okay with my purchase.  I think at nearly $10, I would have felt a bit ripped off.


Has anyone else found this product and tried it yet?  If so, what are your thoughts on this lipstick?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this in stores yet, but I am glad you gave your first impression. Now I won't be so tempted to jump directly on the bandwagon and be ok with not finding for awhile. I'm looking forward to a more in-depth review later when you've really had an opportunity to use it more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm glad I waited to pick it up. I was also a little disappointed with the color choices. Only 2 colors, really?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lindsey: I definitely plan on reviewing this product after I've had time to use it! Based just on my first impression though, I'd say save your money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sweet As Honey Blog: I agree about the color choices. I was hoping they'd have something that was more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks interesting :)

    http://www.according2karen.blogspot.com
    http://www.youtube.com/kmanzo01

    ReplyDelete