Saturday, December 24, 2011

NOTD: Nude Shimmer

I have another manicure for you today!  That's probably all I'll have time to post about over the next few days, as Brian and I are still out of town for the holidays.  Luckily, my dear old mom and dad allow me to paint my nails at their house.  Last week I picked up a bottle of Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Nude Shimmer at CVS on clearance for $1.37.  I've heard a few other people on blogs or YouTube talking about how this is a nice neutral shade.  On the nail, it comes off as a slightly frosty rose gold.  I like that it's not so frosty that you can see every brush stroke.  It's a nice shade but not really my style.  It looks rather like mannequin hands on me since I'm so fair skinned.  I think it would be nice for job interviews or something where I want to look put together but not loud.  (Again, sorry for the crummy pictures but that happens when you travel.)
In real life, this manicure doesn't look too bad but in photos, every flaw is magnified, including all the bubbles.  I started with a base coat of Nutra Nail Strengthener followed by two coats of polish.  I really should have gone with three to cover up the nail line but I was in a hurry.  Then I topcoated with another layer of Nutra Nail Strengthener but it would not dry!  After twenty minutes, I finally had to move and almost all of my nails smudged really badly.  I'll have to try this polish out again later with a coat of the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri topcoat I bought (I didn't bring a real topcoat with me to Pittsburgh, thinking I would live without it and then I remembered how impatient I am...).  Overall, this was just an okay shade for me.  I'll probably hold onto it for days when I want a more natural nail look but it's definitely not a favorite.
More color accurate than the first picture.

3 comments:

  1. Waiting for your Christmas haul video :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas Haul video just posted! 2011 Favorites will be coming some time in the next few weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete