Thursday, December 8, 2011

My NYX Nude on Nude Palette is Here!!!!!

EEEEEEK!!!  My NYX Nude on Nude Palette is here and I am squealing with delight!  I am so excited to finally have my hands on what I would consider a drugstore alternative to the Urban Decay Naked Palette.  It just came in the mail today, so I haven't had a chance to use it or anything, but I did swatch all of the shades with my fingers and was instantly impressed by the quality and pigmentation of each shadow.  It seems that there isn't a single one that is hard or not pigmented.  Of course, this is not a review, but rather a first impression.  I can't wait to use it tomorrow though!  Don't be surprised if I post a FOTD tomorrow or Saturday with this palette.
When you open the lid of the palette, you are presented with twenty eyeshadows in neutral tones.  They vary in textures and I am pleased with the amount of great matte shades you get in this palette.
Next, if you pull from the bottom, a drawer with ten lipglosses slides out as well.  I tried out the light pink shimmery shade on the far left and was impressed with the texture.  The shimmer was not the least bit chunky, as I thought it would be.  The gloss was also not as thick or slimy as I thought it would be.  I don't know how much use I'll get out of the glosses, simply because it's not practical to haul around a full palette for touch ups but they will definitely be something I will at least play with.  Although I really bought this palette for the shadows, not the glosses.
In this palette, you also get a double ended sponge tip applicator and a double ended lip brush.  Neither one seems all that great to me and I probably won't really use them either.  I tend to stick to my inexpensive mishmash of brushes that I love for eyeshadow application.  And honestly, I prefer to just use my finger in pan glosses.
So that is my first impression of the NYX Nude on Nude Palette!  I can't wait to try out some looks with this and I'm really hoping that when I leave for Pittsburgh this month, that this will be the only shadows I need to take.  (That is the whole reason I bought this palette!)


I paid $24.00 on amazon.com for my palette.  I have also seen it for cheaper but I went through amazon because I got free shipping when I ordered the other item I needed.


What do you think of the palette?  Does anyone have this one?

2 comments:

  1. I don't have it but I have been on the fence about getting it. I do have the Naked Palette plus a bunch of other neutrals so I may pass on it. But then again....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I hear that! I have a few smaller ones but none with the variety this palette has. I think this one has all of my favorite shades in one place, which is what made me decide to get it.

    ReplyDelete