Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goals for 2012

I was watching a video from one of my favorite YouTube beauty gurus (click here to see the video) and Claire was talking about setting goals for 2012.  Now I'm not the type of person to make New Year's resolutions because I know I'll forget about them a week from now and I won't remember next January 1st what they ever were.  However, I really have been wanting to make some changes in my life (Stupid 30th birthday, getting closer all the time!) and change doesn't happen unless you make it happen.  So I'm taking this opportunity to set forth some clear goals for change, as well as goals for maintaining.


Goals for Change:
1. exercise for fifteen minutes, two times per week
    I know this might not sound like a lot, but I know that I do better if I set small goals that I know I can reach.  I can always do more than my goal, which will make me feel proud, but I know if I don't reach my goal, I will get discouraged and be more likely to give up.  Therefore, I am making small attainable goals.
2. complete a Project 10 Pan without cheating
    This might seem like an easy goal to some people, but for a makeup addict, not so easy.  Basically, I will not buy any new cosmetics, hair care, or skincare items until I've used up ten products in their entirety.  (Later this week, I will be writing a separate blog post on this, completely outlining what I plan to do and the rules I'm setting for myself.)
3. spend some quality time at least 30 minutes once a week with my husband
    Again, this seems small but as teachers, we both get up early and go to bed early and sometimes get caught up in the routine of life (cooking dinner, paying bills, grocery shopping, chores, etc) and neglect each other more than I would like to admit.  I know spending even just 30 minutes cuddling with Brian on the couch will boost my self-esteem and help us to stay connected.  A good marriage takes effort and I'm looking forward to spending time with Brian in the new year.
4. clean the litter box every day
    Sometimes there are days where I don't have a moment of free time until 8 or 9 and then I have to get ready and go to bed!  But that is no excuse to forget to clean the litter box for a day and I feel like a bad kitty mom when Brian and I completely forget to scoop the poop.  Odd how you can forget that but I would never forget to feed or water my sweeties!
Isabella: "Put me down and clean my poop!"
Life sure gets in the way of living, doesn't it?  These all seem so easy when written out but I know that my job takes a lot of my energy away and after a work day, I can just feel pooped and then all I want to do is sit on the couch and veg!  But I really think that these are goals that I can achieve and that already makes me feel better about myself than being a couch potato would.  But I still want more.  I also have some goals to maintain.


Goals to Maintain:  (Basically keep doing what I have been)
1. Continue to post videos on YouTube regularly
    Depending on my schedule, this is sometimes easier said than done, but generally I would like to maintain an average of at least one video per week.
2. Continue to write blog posts regularly
    For me, this is easier than YouTube because it just takes less time out of my day.  I try to post at least 4 or 5 times a week, but again, sometimes life gets in the way and my schedule gets busy.


Let's see how long I can handle all this goal setting.  Hopefully this will be the start to some positive changes in my life.  For now, I have to run.  There's a dirty litter box upstairs and three cute cats looking at me...

4 comments:

  1. These are great goals! Love the idea of this post!

    http://brittanyssecret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Brittany Elaine: Thanks! I borrowed the idea from Claire! Feel free to borrow for your own blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great resolutions! I like your idea of setting smaller goals in terms of exercise so we feel proud of ourselves when we do more and at the same time not feel overwhelmed by thinking about "30 whole minutes of exercise!" I also agree that all relationships require effort, especially a marriage, and it's so easy to fall into the routine of things and forget that it's really important to make time for each other. Wait till you have kids, then you'll have to try even harder but it is SO needed for our self esteem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely! All relationships take effort and it's easy to get lazy.

    ReplyDelete