Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Tree Manicure

I'm blogging from my parent's house today, since they have wireless Internet.  I have a cute Christmas Tree manicure to share with you!  The pictures are a little blurry because there is about zero sunshine right now in Pittsburgh but that's okay.  You can still get the idea.
I started out by painting my nails white with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nail polish in White On.  That was pretty much opaque in two coats.  (Sidenote: Has there every been a white nail polish that didn't go on looking crummy??  I can never get any of my whites to really look good.)


I then stamped on the little Christmas trees using Sinful Colors in Last Chance using Bundle Monster image plate BM205.  Next, I added some glitter "snow" underneath each tree using Wet N Wild Wild Shine in Hallucinate.  Finally, Brian helped me to decorate each tree.  He used a toothpick and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Lightening to dot on little "stars" atop each tree.  Then, using nail art pens in red and blue, he decorated the trees with little ornaments.  Finally I topped everything off with a full coat of Hallucinate to look like snow.  I loved how this looked but it started chipping off in giant chunks after less than twenty-four hours.  I should have skipped the first coat of glitter at the bottom, I think.  Oh well!  It was cute while it lasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment