Friday, November 11, 2011

You May Not Know: I Can Sew!

Something about me that you may not know is that I love arts and crafts.  I've tried my hand at knitting, sewing, and cross stitching, among other things.  I'm also pretty handy with a hot glue gun.  I find it very fulfilling to use my hands and mind to create something.  I seem to always have several projects going at once, including a bright pink scarf I am currently knitting.




Yesterday and today I spent the better part of my day working on a project to sew a cowl capelet.  (It would have taken less time than that if my sewing machine hadn't died halfway through!)  I love the way this turned out, except I wish I had made it a size larger so I would have had more to snuggle up in!  I might just make another one; it was so inexpensive!  I bought my fleece on sale at Hobby Lobby for around $7.50 total.  The little  leopard print/brown flower was also purchased at Hobby Lobby in the hat section for $3.99.  It can be used as a pin or a hair clip!  I just pinned it on here for some more pizzazz.

If you like to sew, you should really check out Angel's site at http://www.fleecefun.com.  She has lots of awesome, easy to follow, free patterns that are beautiful.  This pattern even has a YouTube tutorial that goes with it!  It's really easy to follow so if you are a beginning sewer, this might be a great project for you.  To check out Angel's YouTube site, go to www.youtube.com/user/fleecefun.

2 comments:

  1. omg, i'm loving you more and more (not in a creepy way but as a fan of your youtube videos)! i love to sew too even though i'm not that great at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Zara: I'm not creeped out; Just happy to have someone that I have things in common with. I am not a great sewer either (which is why there will not be any close ups of the stitch work on this). You don't have to be a great sewer to make this. It's a really easy pattern to follow!

    ReplyDelete