Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pedicure: Wet N Wild Red Red + Nail Art

I didn't really like red nail polish but I felt like as a polish lover, I kind of had to have at least one in my collection.  (Only to be used at Christmas, next to a forest green.)  So I found one of the cheapest red polishes at the drugstore, Wet N Wild Wild Shine in Red Red.  It runs $0.99 at my local Walgreens.  I'd seen some swatches and it looked like a plain old boring 1952 red nail polish that my grandma used to wear.  Boring.  And of course, on the one day I have my husband pick out my polish, what does he choose?  Christmas Red.  But oh, how I glad I am I gave this polish a chance!  The gorgeousness!  The ease of application!  I'm in love.  Good pick, Brian.


In direct sunlight


This polish applied like a dream!  It was opaque at ONE coat, but just for good measure, I used two.  It was super shiny, just like the bottle claims and I found myself just staring at the gorgeousness that was my tootsies.  To jazz up the big toe (because it seems like these day I just can't seem to leave a polish alone), I made a nail stencil from my leaf hole punch (check out the how-to post here) and applied one to each big toe.  I filled in the stencil with Milani One Coat Glitter in Gold Glitz and quickly peeled off the stencil, before the polish dried.  It left behind a cute, fall themed pedicure that was easy to complete and easy on the eyes.  I didn't even want to change this polish after my usual two weeks because it was so lovely, but I figured I should swatch some of my (many, many) untried polishes.


Leaf design, up close


This polish changed my mind about reds and I now have added several new shades to my collection.  If you're looking for a gorgeous red, this would be a great one to try out and if you don't like it, you're only out a buck!

No comments:

Post a Comment