Saturday, November 12, 2011

OOTD: Cozy and Cute


Since I had posted last night about making this super cute capelet, I wanted to share with you my outfit of the day and how the capelet turned out.  My husband and I had to run some quick errands around town today so I wanted something simple but still cozy and cute.  The perfect opportunity to show off my new, homemade capelet!


I paired it with a simple white thermal long sleeve T-shirt.  I got it at Walmart on clearance last year and I think I paid about $3.00 for it.  The jeans are also from Walmart.  They are just boot cut dark wash jeans and the brand is Faded Glory.  I think they were around $13.00.  I paired them with some boat shoes and off we went!  I really like how this capelet turned out and I can't wait for more cool weather to show it off.


Again, if you sew and would like to make one of these for yourself, check out the free pattern and video tutorial at FleeceFun.com!  And Angel also has lots of other great free fleece sewing patterns if this isn't your style.

4 comments:

  1. You look casual yet chic!! I actually have a budget fashion blog. I am a new follower to your site and would love if you could check out my blog and follow if you enjoy it! :)

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love anything involving the word "budget"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I ask - what is it that you used at the top for a flower? Is this fleece, too?

    Thanks,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, the flower is not fleece. It is actually a fabric flower that I bought pre-made at Hobby Lobby. You can either clip it in your hair or pin it onto things so I just pinned it on. Hope that helps! :)

      Delete