Friday, November 18, 2011

Naked Nails

I've noticed that my nails are in pretty rough shape lately.  They've been peeling and splitting like nobody's business.  All my life I've had very healthy nails that grow very well and very quickly so this is rather odd for me.  At first I thought it might be because I was cutting them instead of filing them (even though I know better) so for the last month I have filed like a good girl... but still they split.  So I'm thinking perhaps all this nail painting and acetone is the culprit.  I decided to take a break for a little while from painting my nails.  I didn't paint them at all this week, which is fine, since I've been super busy and tired anyway and I also have a back stock of manicure photos that I need to get posted.  Additionally, today starts a nine day stretch of no work for me (big smile) so I don't feel as much like I need to look so put together.  (Sidenote: We have a full week off for Thanksgiving and I am thrilled because I feel so burnt out this year!  They keep putting more and more on the plates of teachers but no more time to get all this stuff done!  Exhausting.)


Back to the point.  Here is a picture of my naked nails, taken at the beginning of this week. They have absolutely nothing on them and have not been buffed or anything.  My nails, au naturale.  And this is even on my left hand, which looks better than my right, or dominant, hand.  My nails look so sad and stained and brittle.  I think the break will do them so good and then after Thanksgiving, I'm looking forward to some Christmas and holiday themed manis!  :D



1 comment:

  1. I find with my nails it is the products that make them brittle so I think it's a good idea you're taking a break. Natural is beautiful too. :)

    ReplyDelete