Sunday, November 27, 2011

Manicure Monday: You Belong To Me


I was really proud of this manicure that I did a few weeks ago.  (I'm currently unpainted, in order to give my nails a break.)  I started with a base coat of Nutra Nail Strengthener and then followed with two coats of Essence Colour & Go Nail Polish in You Belong With Me.  This is a lovely light (almost pastel/mint?) blue creme.  I used two coats of that to get my polish opaque.  I had a bit of difficulty with this polish.  It claims to be fast drying but I disagree.  I was struggling with some streaking when applying very thin coats, so I used a thicker second coat but after 15 minutes, it was still not dry.  Seche Vite to the rescue!  This is my favorite fingernail top coat, and while it costs way too much, it dries quickly and never lets me down.

Next, using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Emerald Express (limited edition), I stamped a cute flower on each nail.  The stamp was from Bundle Monster and it's on plate BM03.  Application was a breeze, although I did manage to smudge the stamp a little, but it wasn't noticeable in real life.  While this polish is called Emerald Express, it came off looking like a dark teal over You Belong To Me.
Next, using the smaller end of my Orly Dotter Duo (double ended dotting tool), I placed a dot of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Lightening in the center of each flower.  One more coat of Seche Vite, and I was finished!
I loooooove the way this turned out and I got so many compliments!  But what makes me so proud of this manicure is that I did the entire thing by myself, including dotting the yellow centers!  Even Brian was impressed with me.  Hehe, I'm a big girl now!  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment