Monday, November 21, 2011

Manicure Monday: Wet Cement & Stamp

This is going to be another quick post, as it is late, and I am so ready to curl up in bed!


This photo is from awhile back and it got lost in my folder of photos that need uploaded but I found it and figured I would share it with you.  This was my very first attempt at nail art stamping! As you can see, it was a miserable fail!  The stamper I was using was the larger one and it was really hard to aim with the big stamper.  I still have problems aiming, even with my double ended stamper, but this one was a total fail.  Being that I missed the center of my nail, I thought I would compensate by stamping part of the design onto the blank parts of the nail.  Some of them ended up overlapping and the whole thing ended up too busy.  I like the concept of this, so perhaps someday I will try recreating this look some day.
I started off with 2 coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Wet Cement, which is a great light gray creme shade that is perfect for fall and winter.  Like all of the polishes from this line, application was great for me and wear was pretty good as well.  After three days of this manicure, I had only minimal tip wear.  Next, I stamped on the fern (I think?) design from Konad plate M2 with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Flirt.  I wasn't sure how that polish would stamp because it is rather thin, but I think it worked well.  However, for my poor stamp work, I am listing this one as a polish fail in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment