Thursday, November 3, 2011

FOTD: Matte and Natural

I love today's Face of the Day because it is one of my favorite looks.  It's very matte and natural with the eyes but still lovely.  I feel like it leaves people looking at your beauty, not your makeup.  And it only takes me about 10 minutes to do my entire face, which I love!


FACE:
- Hard Candy Sheer Envy Face Primer
-Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation in Ivory
- e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer (prime undereye)
- Pixi Correction Concentrate in Brightening Peach
- Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Concealer in Ivory
- Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Cream
- Physician’s Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Bronzer in Fair (lightly all over face)
- N.Y.C. Bronzer in Sunny (contour)
- Cover Girl Cheekers Blush in Golden Pink (apples of cheeks)
- Jordana FabuBrow Eyebrow Pencil in Medium Brown
- Essence Lash & Brow Gel Mascara

EYES:
- Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Eye Gel (around eye area)
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- e.l.f. Studio Single Eyeshadow in Pebble (lid)
- Covergirl Eyeshadow Single in Brown Smoulder (crease and lower lashline)
- Wet N Wild Eyeshadow Single in Brulee (brow highlight)
- Jordana Incolor Fabuliner Liquid Eyeliner in Brown (top lashes)
- Essence Longlasting Eye Pencil in Hot Chocolate (tightline)
- Essence Longlasting Eye Pencil in Almost Famous (bottom waterline)
- Wet N Wild MegaLash Clinical Mascara

LIPS:
- Wet N Wild Megaslicks Lip Color Pencil in 673: Plum Pudding (worn very sheer over lip balm)


Update: This is not really Face of the Day related, but I just wanted to toss in an update on my braces.  I don't write separate posts about them anymore because you would be amazed how many mouth fetish weirdos are out there stalking girls with braces.  It's really sick and that is not the kind of reader I want.  Anyway, I thought I'd be safe if I threw in an update at the end of a long post that only people who actually read/look at my blog would notice.

In March of this year, I started my journey with adult braces.  I had two baby canine teeth that had never fallen out because my adult canine teeth were impacted in the bone of my jaw, essentially stuck up there.  I had surgery to remove my wisdom teeth, as well as the baby teeth and expose and bond the adult teeth so they could start to be pulled into place with braces.  The prognosis wasn't good because I am so much older than the usual patient (13 years old) that has to have this procedure done.  At first, the left canine was moving but not the right and things weren't looking good on that side.  If the tooth didn't move, I would have to pay for another surgery to remove more bone around the tooth and if that didn't work, a third surgery to remove the tooth and implant a falsie.

Today I went to the orthodontist and they took X-rays and saw that the left tooth is right at the edge of the gum line, about to burst through within a few weeks and the right tooth is finally starting to move into place!!!  I was so excited that the orthodontist assistant and I both got a little teary eyed with joy.  (This orthodontist assistant is awesome and I credit her with being able to get those teeth moving!)  I should start to see the left canine appear before Christmas and the right one maybe by Valentine's Day.  I am so excited and relieved.  I feel like I should name that left tooth in preparation of the day I finally meet it!  I'm a weirdo, I know, but a happy weirdo.  :{#}

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea there were people with braces fetishes....how weird! I really like this FOTD, it's very natural and pretty:) Brulee is one of my all time favorite shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jaimee: I didn't know about the braces weirdos either until I posted something about them on YouTube and when I read the section that tells you what keywords people used to find your video, I was horrified!

    I also love Brulee! There are just so many great different ways to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya! I found your channel/blog thanks to Emily (BeautyBroadcast) and I quite like it. Im also a makeup junkie and a teacher:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @afterglow: I'm glad you like my blog and channel! Makeup has become a great way for me to unwind after a long day of work.

    ReplyDelete