Saturday, October 8, 2011

Playing with Polish

I was playing around with my new Konad stamping kit tonight and I found a look I love, as well as some polishes I already own that will work well for stamping.  I started out with a base coat of Nutra Nail Strengthener with Green Tea.  I've never used this as a base coat before but I've been having some issues with my nails splitting so I wanted to try something different.  It seemed to work amazingly well!  I don't want to jump to any conclusions but it seemed to work better for me than my Orly Bonder.  We'll see how it goes when I paint my right hand tomorrow (my dominant hand), which is the one I have the most trouble getting an even application.  Next I applied two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Wet Cement.  I followed it up with a coat of Seche Vite.




Next I tried out some different designs and different polishes.  First I did a flower on my thumb using Wet N Wild Wild Shine in Black Creme.  On my first attempt, I didn't add enough polish to the plate and it dried before I could even get the polish to the stamp.  The second try, I added more polish and it turned out very pretty.




Next, I tried using the blue Konad special polish that came with my kit.  I think the design is supposed to be an animal print?  Either way, the polish showed up nicely but I wasn't a big fan of the combination and I also missed on getting it in the center of my nail.




My final and favorite look was created by using a flower and leaves design and was stamped using Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Flirt.  This is a blackened plum shade and I think the combination is gorgeous for fall.  This is the design I've chosen for my nails tomorrow.  This design is on my index, ring, and pinky fingers.  I did take it off already though, as I didn't do a great job on the painting with Wet Cement so I plan to redo it tomorrow.




I topped all of my nails off with another coat of Seche Vite.  I gave the stamped polishes some time to dry before the top coat and none of them smeared when I put on the top coat.  I'm really looking forward to experimenting with these stamps!

No comments:

Post a Comment