Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pedicure: Frankenstein Toes!



This is another copycat nail look!  I am not very creative on my own, but I'm a great copier!  :P  This idea came from a video tutorial with lots of adorable little Halloween monsters.  You can check out the original idea from I Have A Cupcake's Channel here.  Liz has some really awesome nail art designs as well as other fun stuff.  We (my hubby helped me) chose to just recreate Frankenstein because he seemed easy and cute.  My husband has recently gotten involved in helping me out with my nail art.  He enjoys unconventional art and wanted to give nail art a try.  He seems to be enjoying it and I am enjoying sharing my hobby with him!






I started off by painting two coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Lickety-Split Lime on my toes.  If you used a thicker coat, this could be a one coat polish but I was worried about cuticle pooling so I went with two thin coats.  Perfect opacity!  Next, Brian drew on the hair with a nail art detail brush and Wet N Wild's Wild Shine in Black Creme.  Using the same brush and polish, he drew on the forehead wrinkles and angry eye lines.  Last, he used Black Creme with a large dotting tool to make the outline of the eyes and Konad Special Polish in White with the small dotting tool to make the whites of the eyes.  So cute!  I think Brian did a really great job on his first real free hand nail art.  What do you think?

2 comments: