Sunday, October 23, 2011

Palette Pick: Thursday & Friday

I am behind on my palette pick posts this week because I had to work 14 hours on Thursday.  Argh!  It left me too tired to worry about posting and then I had a busy weekend to boot.  So today things have finally slowed down and I am trying to catch up from Thursday and Friday.  Also, just FYI, I'm taking next week off from my Palette Challenge.  After four weeks, I am bored with palettes and ready to go back to some of my beloved singles and trios.  Without further blabbering, here are Thursday and Friday's Palette Picks.


THURSDAY:


On Thursday, it was "wear pink day" at my work for Breast Cancer Awareness week, so I tried a pink look.  I used shade 1 on the lid, 2 in the crease and smudged on the outer 1/2 of the lower lashline, and 3 as a highlight.  This palette really just lacks good pigmentation.  The colors in the palette look very muted once applied to the skin, even with a good primer.  This palette is nice if you want natural or light looks, but don't buy it expecting to wear the same thing you see.  This pink shade was no different.  Just shoddy pigmentation.  Here's what it looked like on me.




 FRIDAY:






Friday's pick was inspired by my lovely burgundy sweater but again, the pigmentation was a huge let down with these shades.  Again, shade 1 on the lid, 2 in the crease, and 3 as a highlight.  It looked okay, but I was hoping for something with a little more "oomph".  Disappointing.



No comments:

Post a Comment