Friday, October 14, 2011

Palette Challenge: Taupe Friday

Today is Friday, which for me means two days off from work starting at 3:05 P.M.!  To celebrate my happy day, I decided to choose one of my favorite eyeshadow shades, taupe.  It comes in so many colors and finishes and always seems to look good.  The shade I chose is outlined in blue.  It's a slightly shimmery taupe but it leans more grey than most taupes do.  I love this shade.  Add it to the list of unique eyeshadows I own!  To deepen the crease, I went with the dark matte brown again (outlined in red) and to change up the highlight I went with a light matte peach, outlined in green.  Tomorrow will be my last day with this palette because Sunday I will start a new one.  Overall, I think this palette has a lot of nice matte shades, but I'm not a big fan of the crazy colors.  I don't know how much use I'd get out of a whole set of matte yellows, blues, greens, and pinks.  Generally I tend to stick with more neutral tones but this palette also has lots of those too.  Yet, I enjoy this palette for the variety of matte shades, which can be hard to find in drugstore or less expensive makeup.




Random thought: I wonder what palette I should pick next.

No comments:

Post a Comment