Monday, October 17, 2011

Palette Challenge: Making My Own Contour

This week I am focusing on using one of my e.l.f. 32 shade palettes.  For today's look, I went with a taupe shade for the lid, which I loved!  It's shade number one in the palette.  Next I wanted a contour but that's where I feel like this palette is a little lacking.  It has some deeper shades that make good contours but I feel like most of the deeper shades have a noticeably warm tone to them.  I wanted something cooler to work well with the taupe lid shade I chose.  So I made my own contour!  Um... sort of.  I just mixed together the taupe shade with the black shade labeled number three.  I didn't want straight black because I feel that it's too harsh for my job as a teacher sometimes.  But the mix of the shades made a perfect contour!  I'm kind of proud of that!  Lastly, I used shade three as a browbone highlight.  I didn't line my lower lashline like I usually do.  I'm experimenting right now with how it looks with no liner on bottom.  I'm thinking it might make me look more awake/younger.  Optical illusion or just me dreaming?  Anyway, I really wish I had remembered to take a photo of this look because it was rather nice.  But it's worn off by now after much tired-Monday eye rubbing.  In the mornings I'm in such a rush to get to work that I forget to take pictures of my palette creations.  I'll try to remember tomorrow but no promises.  I have a 7:15A.M. meeting tomorrow so if I remember my pants, I'll be happy.  :P


No comments:

Post a Comment