Thursday, October 27, 2011

Oh Fall Fashion, I Love You

Allow me to begin by saying I do not own the copyrights to this photo.  This is a photo of an outfit I've been drooling over from an Avon catalog and there's no watermark so I'm not sure to whom the rights belong.  That said, let me talk about how much I am in love with this outfit!!


Oh fall fashion, I love you!  Autumn has always been my favorite time of year.  Perhaps it's because my birthday is in the fall.  Perhaps it's because cool weather signals the start of the holiday season and with me, it starts with Halloween.  Either way, there are certain things in fashion that just remind me pleasantly of fall.  In this outfit, it's the chunky sweater and boots.  I love the combination of an over-sized, cozy sweater with sexy close-fitting jeans.  And the fact that the outfit has lovely Earth-tones just makes it even better for me.  I've been coming back to this photo ever since the beginning of August, wishing that it would get cool enough here in Florida to wear a chunky knit sweater.  Soon, I hope.  Until then, I've compiled a list of fashion ideas that I love for fall.

1. Earthy fall tones in my clothing: Brown, beige, army green, pumpkin, berry, and plum, to name a few.
2. Boots: Especially with dresses or skinny jeans.
3. Scarves: Oh how I love scarves!  In tons of different textures, colors, and prints!  They are the perfect fall accessory.
4. Sweaters: From cardigans, to belted sweaters, to chunky cables, I adore all things knitted at this time of year.
5. Jeans: There is just something about a good pair of well fitting jeans that reminds me of high school football games and hot chocolate.  Fond memories!
6. Wavy hair: That low-maintenance windblown look is so fall to me.  Not the messy, beachy, summer-looking waves, but rather, large curls that mimic a wave.  See the model's hair above!

What about you?  Are there any fashion looks that remind you of fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment