Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Homemade Lightbox!

I really have not been happy with the quality of my pictures lately.  With the ever dwindling daylight and my busy schedule, by the time I get home and settle in, I usually don't have any natural sunlight left to take pictures.  The quality of the lighting in my kitchen/dining room where I usually take pictures is just not very true to life.  So I searched the web for instructions on how to make an inexpensive light box, which cost me $1.00 to make.




I started out with a cardboard box.  I already had one left over from another craft project I had done.  I cut out holes on three sides and used duct tape to cover the holes with white fabric.  You can easily find a tutorial online if you are interested in making one for yourself.  This was pretty much free for me, as I actually already had all of these materials at my house.  The only thing I had to buy was a piece of white poster board for a background, which was less than $1.00 at Wal Mart.  I even had a lamp with a clamp from my college days!


This only took about half an hour to make and then I was ready to start taking pictures!  Here are a few of my first photos with the lightbox.  Feel free to click to enlarge and really get a look at how these photos turned out.  Overall, I like the look of the photos but I think I need a light for the left and right sides as well, as the color in some of the pictures came out a little differently than real life.  They are still better than my dining room lights though!  Hopefully today when I go to Dollar General, they will have some inexpensive lights that will work.






2 comments:

  1. thats an awesome idea. Im glad you posted this :)

    http://www.according2karen.blogspot.com
    http://www.youtube.com/kmanzo01

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And thanks for the link to your blog too! I'm subscribing right now!

    ReplyDelete