Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My Birthday Manicure!!

Today is my birthday!!  I'm now 28 years old.  I'll be posting some pictures of my birthday presents today but for now, I wanted to share my adorable birthday manicure that my wonderful husband, Brian, helped me to do.


First, I started with two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On.  This is a great white!  I think it's much easier to work with than my much more expensive Essie in Blanc.  Two coats and I had perfect opacity to use as a base for my next polish.


Step 1


Next, I applied two coats of Sinful Colors in Pinky Glitter.  This is a thick, goopy pink jelly with lots of different sizes and colors of glitter.  While overly thick, it wasn't that hard to work with and evened out nicely.  It reminds me of a polish I wore ALL THE TIME in high school and college.  It was just a no name Bon Bons shade of bright pink glitter and I swear that in my broke-as-a-joke college days, it was one of the only polishes I owned.  (Along with a red Avon polish and the old version of Wet N Wild Lavender Creme!)  Needless to say, this sparkly pink polish made me think of happy times and younger birthdays!


Step 2
Close up of the glitter


Then, I stamped a cupcake design from Bundle Monster plate BM14 onto each nail.  I used Konad Special Polish in White for the top and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Pronto Purple for the base of the cupcakes.  I just filled in the white first (carefully) and then the purple, scraping so as to mix the colors as little as possible.


Step 3
To add sprinkles, my sweet hubby stepped up to help me.  He used a Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen to dot on tiny blue sprinkles and also dotted on a few random orange (Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Snappy Sorbet) sprinkles here and there.  The orange sprinkles kind of looked funny but I love them just because it was Brian's idea to make them and I love that he wanted to get involved.

Then Brian used another SH Nail Art Pen to dot on cherries and extended the cherries on the ring finger to make a candle.  Finally, using a fine dotting tool, he used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Lightening to make a candle and Snappy Sorbet to accent it.  I think it turned out sooooo cute and it was wonderful to have my husband get into a hobby with me and help.


Step 4

Close up of ring finger

2 comments: