Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Birthday Haul (Part 2)



This is part two of my birthday haul.  Mostly because my husband, Brian, gave me all of my presents from him before my birthday and my best friend and her hubby gave me their present after my birthday.  My friends gave me a spectacular $50 Visa gift card, which is a great present, because you always get what you want!  What I wanted were some more Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes to stamp with!  And it was my lucky day!  Brian took me to Target yesterday and I finally found the Limited Edition Sally Hansen Insta-Dri collection for fall!  I had pretty much given up on ever finding this collection.  I had yearned for colors from this collection when photos and swatches first started coming out and none of my local retailers seemed to get the collection in but I guess they're just a bit behind here in Florida.  I also picked up some Insta-Dris from the permanent collection and a few other things.


Let's start with the shimmer finish Insta-Dri polishes.  From left to right, we have Coco-a-go-go (Limited Edition), Ruby Rush (Limited Edition), Bronze Ablaze (Limited Edition), Grape Escape (Limited Edition), and Emerald Express (Limited Edition).  The only Limited Edition polishes I didn't pick up were Teal-y Fast, which I didn't find all that unique, Quick Brick, which was sold out, and Presto Pewter, which I found to be very similar to Silver Sweep, but just a bit darker.  I was the most excited about Coco-a-go-go and Bronze Ablaze. These are shades that I could see myself using as a full manicure.  Especially Bronze Ablaze; I've been lemming after it for weeks now!




Next, let's move on to the creme finish Insta-Dri polishes.  From left to right: Sonic Bloom, Mint Sprint, Lively Lilac, Rapid Red, and Flashy Fuchsia.  These are all a part of the permanent collection.  I really wanted these shades just to stamp with.




That pretty much used up most of the gift card but I also wanted to pick up a few other things as well.  While I was at a Target that sold e.l.f., I picked up two of the Nourishing Cuticle Pens at $1.00 each.  Next was a Sinful Colors polish in Easy Going.  I was hoping this would make a nice base color for French manicures but I think it's a bit too opaque for that.  I tried one coat over a French mani I had on yesterday and it made a streaky off white mess of the whole thing.  Fail for French manis but not a bad nude shade on its own.  Finally, I picked up a set of Kiss Nail Artist Fine Art Pens in Black and White.  They came together and ran around $6.00.  Brian thought they would be good for him to use for nail art details.




Finally the last item I purchased was more storage for my ever growing nail polish collection.  This is an expandable three tier spice rack.  It can start out small.



Or you can pull the two pieces apart to expand it for more storage.  The shelves are extra wide and would fit three rows of Insta-Dri polishes.  Now I just have to find a place for it!



No comments:

Post a Comment