Thursday, October 27, 2011

Manicure: Purple Potion + Skulls

I wanted to get this look posted in case anyone was interested in recreating it before Halloween.  I got the idea from Amber at mynailgraffiti.blogspot.com.  If you like nail polish and cool nail art, then you have got to check out her blog!  She has great creative, adorable ideas and posts regularly and often.  I check in with her blog daily.  This is the inspiration post that I used for this manicure.


I wasn't really feeling glittering red (I don't have one anyway), but I really wanted to try out my Wet N Wild Limited Edition Purple Potion, so I decided to go with that instead.  Here's a swatch of it by itself.




It's a gorgeous black-purple with fine glitter in it.  I really love this shade!  It looks black from far away but up close, it's a shimmering deep violet.  Lovely on its own!


But of course, I wanted to copy what Amber had done so I took out my trusty Bundle Monster plates and my white Konad Special Polish and stamped on the skull designs from plate BM211.  I still really need to practice with my stamping; I tend to not center them very well!  Oh well, I assume like painting your own dominant hand, practice will make perfect.


Next, I wanted to fill in the eyes with lime green like Amber had, but my husband thought it would look neat to alternate between green and red.  Since he was dotting on the eyes for me, I let him have creative freedom and we turned out with a really fun product.  For the green, Brian used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Lickety-Split Lime and a dotting tool.  The red was a Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Red (which I'm holding in the photo).  I love the way this turned out and I received a lot of compliments from other people about them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment