Monday, October 24, 2011

Manicure Monday: What's Your Name + Ghosties!

I'll admit it: I only did this manicure because the ghosties on Bundle Monster Image Plate BM223 were sooooo cute!  They are not at all scary but OMG are they adorable?!?!  Anyway, on to the manicure.  I used two coats of Sinful Colors in What's Your Name (on sale this week 10-23-11 through 10-29-11 @ Walgreens for $0.99).  It is a black nail polish with tiny blue glitter through it.  I love that it's black but yet somehow more than black.  Very lovely!  If you enlarge the photos below, you might be able to see the blue sparkle.






This was a surprisingly opaque polish and it was good to go at two thin coats but a better polishes could probably get away with one coat.  At first it was streaky but after that second coat... BAM!  Perfection.  The brush was easy to use and there was very little clean up.  I top coated with Seche Vite then stamped the ghost design from plate BM223 with Konad Special Polish in white followed by another coat of SV.  I think they are so cute!  I took it off soon because black shows every chip and imperfection but this was perfect for a quick and cute manicure that doesn't need to last long.  Also, my artistic hubby thought that if you wanted scarier ghosts, you could fill in the eye slits with a red nail art pen or striper.  Cute idea!





No comments:

Post a Comment