Monday, October 17, 2011

Manicure Monday: Green Up Your Act + Pumpkin Spice

It's Manicure Monday again!  I'm still a few weeks behind on posting my manicures.  I'm trying to get caught up without posting a manicure every day, but I did this one a few weeks ago and liked the idea of it.  I say idea of it because in theory, it sounded great.  However, the execution was less than satisfactory.  I'm pretty sure that's my fault though.



I started off with two coats of Nicole by OPI in Green Up Your Act.  I forgot to take a picture of it swatched on its own.  Sad, because it's beautiful.  It's another one of those military dusty greens.  The application was great and easy and I was feeling good about the way this was going to look.  GUYA was quite lovely on its own.  However, I think I might have ruined it when I added a coat of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Pumpkin Spice over the top.  This seemed like a great idea.  Pumpkin Spice is an orange glitter suspended in a charcoal/olive/brown/hard to identify jelly base.  I thought the orange glitter and olive toned polish would make a lovely pumpkin patch sort of look on the nails.  Far from it!  First off, the glitter was very hard to evenly distribute, even for a fairly fine glitter.  Then, after I applied Pumpkin Spice, it caused Green Up Your Act to streak terribly.  It may not be as noticeable in pictures but I definitely noticed it on my hands up close.  Perhaps I didn't wait long enough before adding PS?  Also, it the tip wear was awful after only 24 hours.  You can see that in the pictures if you click to enlarge.  A nice thought but the actual result was not what I had hoped.  Maybe I'll try this again and tweak things to see if it works another way.  Oh how I wanted military green nails with pumpkin colored glitter.  Just looking at the pictures make me sad.  :(


No comments:

Post a Comment