Monday, October 10, 2011

Manicure Monday: For Audrey

I wanted this polish so badly.  I had dreams about it.  I stared longingly at photos online and fantasized about the day it might adorn my appendages.  Finally I was out and about near Sally Beauty Supply and snagged it!  And I have never been so disappointed in a nail polish in my life.  Sad.  The color was every bit as gorgeous as I'd dreamed but application was a nightmare!!!  This was three coats and really I should have used four because there were still some sketchy spots.  I ended up with polish EVERYWHERE because after the second thick coat I got frustrated and started laying it on even thicker, which caused pooling and mess like nobody's business.  AND it chipped within less than twenty-four hours.  *Sigh.*  My nail polish romance was a spark and fizzle, not the fireworks I'd hoped for.  But alas!  I will someday try this polish again and hope it turns out better for me.  Any tips?  I'd hate for this shade (which I've heard raved about a lot on nail blogs) to go down as a fail.


Artificial lighting
I added some pretty nail art stickers to my ring finger as an accent.  I think they look pretty nice on this shade.  However, in the photos, you can really see how much of a mess For Audrey made.


Artificial lighting

You can see how streaky my middle finger is and all the excess polish around the cuticle on my pinky in the photos above.

Sunlight

After Day 2 of this manicure, I added some glitter.  It's a Sally Girl mini bottle of polish and the name is So Disco.  It's a perfect glitter to add over For Audrey.  The glitter is white looking in the bottle but on the nail looks either white, light blue, or pink.  Very pretty combination here.  From arm's length this manicure was okay but any closer and... yuck.

Sunlight





No comments:

Post a Comment