Saturday, October 15, 2011

Manicure: Deep Blue Sea



Oh the amount of trouble I had with this mani!  It wasn't at all the nail polish's fault though.  This is one of the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nail polishes in Deep Blue Sea.  It's a denim blue metallic shade.  It was very sheer at first but was opaque at three coats.  For me, there is always very little clean up with this line of polish.  It lasted for three days with no chipping or wear and on the third day the only wear was on one nail, which had split under the polish.


The problems came with those little stickers.  You can see the one on my ring finger.  The problem was that those suckers fell off in about 10 minutes.  The photo above was less than 24 hours after application.  The next day, I peeled off the stickers (or what little was left of them) and decided to try one of the stencils I had made the week before.  I'm an elementary school teacher and my students had music class that day, so I thought I would try a music note.  The kids loved it!




I put the notes on my ring and thumb fingers.  Here is a shot of my thumbnail.  You can see the area where the nail sticker had been.  In real life, the weird lines weren't really noticeable.  The stencil was filled in with another Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Celeb City.  I think it turned out pretty cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment