Monday, October 24, 2011

I Finished This, So I'm Using That...

This is kind of a weird post.  I'm not technically considering myself to be on a makeup diet anymore, but I haven't actually bought any new makeup since the day I said I was done with my makeup diet.  I'm strange like that.  I think that when I say I can't buy anything, I really want to buy stuff.  When I'm "allowed" to buy, I'm not interested.  One way or another, it's helping my budget right now (or it would be if I didn't compensate by purchasing TONS of nail polish :P)!


Lately, I finished several products that I was makeup dieting with before and I didn't purchase anything new to replace them, but rather, I am replacing them with things that are already in my collection.  So here's what I've swapped out.




At the top, I finished a Physician's Formula Healthy Wear Powder Foundation in Translucent Light, so I'm using a backup of the same product.  This is my Holy Grail Powder!  Since I discovered this beauty in June, I haven't purchased (or even wanted to use) any other powder.  Amazing coverage, yet still feels light and looks natural.  And I still have another back up of this waiting in the wings (I stock up when they are on sale or I have coupons!)


Below that, I've finished my Maybelline Define A Brow Eyebrow Pencil in Medium Brown so I'm using my Jordana Fabubrow Eyebrow Pencil in Medium Brown.  I still have another backup of my Maybelline Define A Brow but the Jordana Fabubrow was new to my Walgreens a few months ago and I wanted to try it because it's so much cheaper than the Maybelline.  The Maybelline is automatic twist up and Jordana is a sharpen pencil.  For that reason, Jordana's is good, not great, but I would repurchase it because it's a good color match for me and it's just so much less expensive than the Maybelline.  I would definitely keep the Maybelline in stock though, because it's just so easy to travel with (no sharpeners needed on this one).


Next, I finished my Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Brown so now I'm using Essence Longlasting Eye Pencil in Hot Chocolate.  They are both dark brown long-wearing, automatic, retractable eyeliners.  Phew!  I preferred the Revlon, mostly because the point on the Essence one is HUGE and harder to work with.  It is good for tightlining or lining the lower waterline.


Lastly, I finished my Holy Grail mascara, Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Washable in Glam Black.  I also love the waterproof and really any shade.  I have a backup of this but I just have so many other mascaras that I should try to use up first before cracking Colossal open, so I'm using my Wet N Wild Clinical Mascara.  This really is an awesome mascara!  The brush is flat and wide on one side and skinny on the other so you get both length and volume.  Mine has even dried out a bit to that perfect texture.  For now I'm happy using WNW until that dries up or runs out.


So there you have my list of finished and currently being used products.  Do you have back ups of any products?  What do you do when you run out of your favorite items?

2 comments:

  1. I have to try the Wet n Wild mascara, since you speak so highly of it. But first, I have to finish my Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara Thickening (I really like it!), then start trying my new Rimmel Max Volume (it was on sale and I've heard good things about it), and once those are done, I will allow myself to try the WnW one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I have a list just like that and I'm the same way! I try not to buy too many new things until I've used some of the old I have.

    ReplyDelete