Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Small Avon Haul

It's been about ten years since the last time I ordered anything from Avon so I didn't want to go overboard with my first purchase.  I just picked up three things.


The first thing is the Ideal Shade Concealer Stick in the shade Fair.  I really like this concealer. It doesn't have the best lasting power but it's super easy to apply and covers dark circles as well as blemishes.  I find the lasting power on blemishes to be better than dark circles.  I think this is a great on-the-go product to toss in your purse for touch ups, and at $3.99, why not??



Next, I purchased a "mini" size of the GlazeWear Shine Lipgloss in Darling Pink.  I'll admit, I only purchased this because it was $0.99.  What a waste of money!!  It's sooo tiny that I've only used it for two days and I already can't get anymore product out of the container.  The lip gloss shade and texture are great so save your dollar and splurge on the full size instead.


Last, I purchased the 8-in-1 Eye Palette in the shade Neutral Tones.  If you are looking for a very natural palette, this is a great buy.  It was only $5.99 and you get eight super quality eyeshadows.  They are a mixture of matte, satin, and shimmer and they apply like butter.  The only downfall is that there is only one contour shade and it's really not that dark.  But I think it's worth the money if you like natural looks.  I've used it almost everyday for the last two weeks, in combination with a darker matte brown shadow in the crease.  Overall, a great buy!



Have you tried anything from Avon lately?  Were there any products that stood out to you?

2 comments:

  1. I love their glazewear lipstick. It's a really shiny product on your lips. Not that much glitter. Was planning to buy the ideal shade concealer because I have SUPER dark circles and I want a lasting concealer. Does it cake? How long does it last on you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have VERY dark undereye circles. The Avon concealer is not very high coverage. It's not super cakey but does cake a little. I found that the only thing that works for me is the Pixi Brightening Peach Correction Concentrate. It's an undereye brightener rather than a concealer. It's a little expensive ($16) but I've had the jar for a year now and it's just getting slightly low. I also really like the Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer from Walmart.

    ReplyDelete