Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Tried and Trues

Do you ever find yourself reaching for the same products almost every day because they just work well?  I certainly do and I thought I would share them with you.  These are all products that are tried and true for me and which always leave me wondering... why do I try products other than these when I know these work for me?  I'll never know!  Anyway, here are my tried and trues and some reasons why I trust each one to get the job done.




From left to right:
* Hard Candy Sheer Envy Face Primer - I love this inexpensive primer!  The squeeze tube allows you to get every bit out of it and it's easily accessible at Wal*Mart.  Also does a great job of smoothing my skin before primer and doesn't break me out!
* Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer in Light - This is an amazing concealer for the price!  FULL coverage and you only need a drop!  Nothing conceals better for me!  Works on dark circles very well but can also be used on blemishes.
* N.Y.C. Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny - One of the most inexpensive, easily accessible matte bronzers on the market!  I use this to contour my cheekbones.
* Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Bronzer in Fair - Along with the benefit of an SPF 50, this is a great bronzer for light skin.  It's one of the only bronzers I can use all over my face without looking dirty, orange, or too dark.
* Too Faced Shadow Insurance - Shadow Insurance is more expensive than what I would normally pay for makeup, but you only use a drop and it makes a huge difference for me!  It's one of the only eye primers that doesn't crease on my super-oily eyelids and it makes eyeshadows more true to life on my eyes.  And that one tube has lasted me nearly a year!
* Pixi Brightening Peach Correction Concentrate - Again, slightly more pricey than my normal choices but this undereye dark circle corrector is the ONE makeup item I can't live without.  You read correctly!  My dark circles always made me look tired and older until I found this product!  Like TFSI, I've had this for nearly a year and am just getting down towards the bottom of the jar.
Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder Foundation in Translucent Light - Again, SPF 50 but this powder is more than just sun protection!  It is a lightweight, full coverage, powder and the shade actually matches my skin very well!  I definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants a full coverage powder that doesn't feel heavy or cakey.
* Essence Lash and Brow Gel Clear Mascara - This inexpensive clear gel holds eyebrows in place without flaking off and making brow dandruff.
* e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer - I actually use this primer to prep the undereye area for corrector and concealer.  It's inexpensive and helps corrector or concealer to apply with less tugging at the delicate skin around the eyes.
* Maybelline Define-a-Brow Pencil in Medium Brown - This twist up brow pencil always maintains a sharp, defined point.  No wasting time and money on pencil sharpening!  I also love that the comb is right there on the pencil - no separate tool required.
* Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Washable in Classic Black - Oh how I love this mascara!  I used the washable for everyday wear most of the year (waterproof can be more damaging to the lashes) and it holds a curl and makes my lashes look thicker and longer without ever clumping or looking spidery.
* Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Washable in Glam Black - I use this mascara in the summer to prevent smudging when I sweat.  I also use this if I just want my lashes to look their very best!  Holds a curl like nobody's business!
* e.l.f. Mechanical Eyelash Curler - I couldn't get those great curled lashes without this awesome $1 lash curler!  My lashline runs wide so regular lash curlers pinch and rip out the outer corner.  Ouch!  This curler's base is extra wide to accommodate my long lash line without ripping out or pinching my lashes!


FYI: I bought all of these products with my own money.  No company or person sponsored me, asked me to review these products, or gave them to me.  Honest opinions only!


Do you have any Tried And Trues that you love?  I'd love to read about your go to products and maybe give some a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment