Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Money Saving Solution: Pressed Powders

The outside ring

It drives me crazy when I hit pan on a pressed powder and it becomes practically unusable.  The worst is when you get to that little outside ring and even your brush can't access the product anymore.  Since my new favorite pressed powder is a bit on the pricey side (Physician's Formula Healthy Wear Powder Foundation SPF 50 runs around $14.99), I decided to come up with a money saving solution.


At Dollar General, you can purchase two of these little travel containers for pills for only $1.00.  That's a fifty cent solution!  Then I took the handle of a makeup brush and broke out the little outside ring of powder and put it in the container.


Using the back of my powder brush, I crushed the powder into a "loose" powder that I can now use until every little bit is gone.  Now more powder going to waste!

Compare the size to a nickel.

2 comments: