Monday, September 19, 2011

Manicure Monday: Time to Shine



Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Time to Shine is a gorgeous shade for fall.  It's a metallic foil-rific bronze shade.  I believe it's also limited edition so if you're thinking about picking this one up, don't think for too long.  When I got this one home I realized it was quite similar to Wet N Wild Craze Nail Polish in Shield, which I think has sadly been discontinued.  I gave that shade away when I bought this one so I can't do a comparison but I will say if you loved Shield and can't get ahold of it now, this may satisfy your lemming.  It was opaque in two coats for me but with better skills, you could probably do one thick coat.  Application was a breeze with this polish and required virtually no clean up for me.  (I'm not one of those people who acetone the cuticle area for a perfect line.  I'm more just trying to paint only my nail and not my skin.)




Day 1 of Wear
I added a cute maroon flower sticker for some pizazz and I really liked the way this turned out.  This wore quite well too and you can see that after five days, there is only some tip wear.
Day 5 of Wear
On day 6 I had a barbeque to attend and no time to completely repaint my nails so I decided to cover the tip wear with a French tip sort of look.  I used Maybelline Express Finish in Racing Rubies.  I liked the way it turned out in theory.  In practice, my painter's tape didn't make the best or straightest of lines.  Also, after about five minutes of wear, (no exaggeration) that Maybelline polish was chipping and wearing.  Boo.  I don't think I did a very good job on my top coat.  Oh well, it was good enough for a few hours of wear until I took it off and started over.


Day 6 of Wear

Day 6 of Wear


No comments:

Post a Comment