Monday, September 26, 2011

Manicure Monday: Savage

This manicure is layering gone wild!  But I think it turned out really cute and fun.  I started with two coats of Sinful Colors Savage.  I found the brush to be a nightmare of floppy awfulness.  It splayed out and gave far too much for my preference.  Despite the limp brush, this polish applied very well in only two coats.  It is a matte teal shade but unfortunately, no matter how I tried, I could not accurately capture the shade on camera.  In real life, it is much more teal.  Don't mind the mess... I wanted to capture the shade without any layering.  Also, it shows just what a problem that brush gave me!  (Normally I can paint my nails without too much paint on the skin.


Base coat and Savage
On top of this, I put on one coat of Sally Girl U Glow Girl.  In addition to being a fun glow in the dark color, this shade added just a hint of shimmer to this matte shade, which I enjoyed.  I followed that up with a funky star sticker on the ring fingers and a coat of Seche Vite Top Coat.  So fun!


The most color-accurate photo I could get... still not teal enough!


Base coat, Savage, U Glow Girl, Top Coat
But even with all that's going on here, I still got bored after the third day of wear.  Yes, that's right... this Sinful Colors polish lasted THREE days with very minimal tip wear.  I was impressed, considering I got this polish on sale for $0.99 AND it's matte!  To satisfy my boredom, I added a coat of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Teal-y Cool, which is a light teal jelly with glitter.  I loved this even more, but alas, I think it was too many layers of polish because even with another SV Topcoat, it started to chip and wear quite a bit the next day so I took it off.  Overall, I loved the look of this and my students thought it was one of the neatest manicures I've worn so far this year.  (For some reason my fifth grade students are fascinated by my manicures!)


Added on Teal-y Cool
I should also add that some (not all) of my nails were stained by that blue shade.  Not sure why it wasn't all of them but I recommend using two coats of a base coat (I use Bonder by Orly) to prevent staining if it's something you worry about.

Teal-y Cool
If you really want to see the shimmer and glitter, click to enlarge the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment