Sunday, August 14, 2011

On My Toes: Sinful Colors in Mint Apple

Last week (before my great computer meltdown), I had mentioned that it was Manicure Monday in my house and I was painting both my toenails and fingernails.  I never got around to photographing my nails before I removed the polish because I was so rough on them at work that day that it chipped to the point of nonrepair in less than 24 hours.  I guess I should have known better than to paint my fingernails the day before moving textbooks in and out of my closet at work.  *Sigh*  But my pedicure has lasted through the week and so I decided to share that with you.  It's the Sinful Colors polish in the shade Mint Apple, which I blogged about yesterday.  Can you tell I'm in love with aqua right now??  But I think maybe next week I'll change it up when I paint my fingernails again.  I'm thinking something in the orange or yellow family.  Why not go bright and fun while it's still summer?

This pedicure was three thin coats of polish.  I am a little disappointed though, because there are still some bare spots that you can see if you get up close.  Next time I'm thinking two thicker coats instead.  While I love this color, it makes me look so pasty!  Darn my porcelain skin!  Cool tones don't always turn out so well on me.  Oh well, love it anyway!

2 comments:

  1. I did the same and was underwhelmed with the results. I added a topcoat of a translucent silver (I used OPI DS Coronation) and the result was amazing. I will use that combo a lot!

    ReplyDelete