Monday, August 15, 2011

Manicure Monday: Park Ave


I made sure this week that I photographed my manicure before I managed to chip it to high heaven.  I used N.Y.C. In a New York Color Minute Nail Polish in Park Avenue.  It's what Nouveau Cheap would consider to be a "greige" shade; a mix between gray and beige.  It's sort of a dark taupe and I love it!  I think it's unique but still professional.  I had some real trouble applying this, as I really wasn't used to fast dry nail polish.  It's been quite a while since I used one and I found the thin coats that I normally use were drying before I could even get it across the entire nail.  After four thin coats, I finally figured out that I needed to use more polish.  Five coats later, I was really happy with the way it turned out.  No streaking and a nice cream finish!  I think you could also have easily applied 2 thicker coats and gotten good results, as the dry time is really quite fast, even for a thick coat of polish.  More research is needed, but so far I'm liking this.  After a full day of being really rough on my nails at work (lifting books, boxes, and packages and moving them and lots of typing), I only have some tip wear and a tiny chip on my index finger of my right (dominant) hand.  Not too bad for the $1.72 I paid for this polish at Target!  All photos were taken in indoor lighting, as it was dark when I painted my nails.  Also, please ignore the mess around my cuticles... I hadn't finished all of my cleanup yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment