Monday, August 29, 2011

Manicure Monday: Malt/Hannah Pinktana

I started out this manicure by painting my nails with two coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Malt (I did use a base coat, even though the Salon Manicure brand alleges that you don't need to... hahaha.).  However, while I thought this color looked sleek and professional in the bottle, in actuality it looked boring and invisible on me.  Don't you hate that?  The application was great and dried fairly quickly.  The color is a very nice nude creme but just so blah on me.  (Sidenote: I swear my cuticles didn't look like that in real life!  Some things look creepy up this close!)


In sunlight, no topcoat added



This is a really nice, subtle look but I was rather bored with it and really wanted to jazz it up.  I just kept thinking about a manicure I had seen here, on Nouveau Cheap.  So I decided to steal Gianna's idea and add some Wet N Wild Fast Dry Polish in Hannah Pinktana on top.  I added one thick coat of Hannah Pinktana but later realized it was rather uneven, though only obvious in certain lights at certain angles.  But I still looooove the way this combination turned out!  Sooo cute and I love that the Malt eliminated any visible nail line that might have shown through with just the Hannah Pinktana.  I'm thinking Malt is going to be a great shade to use as a layering base!


Sunlight

Check out that sparkle!

Love this glitter!

Close up of bottle

Hannah Pinktana; Malt

No comments:

Post a Comment