Monday, August 22, 2011

Manicure Monday: Lightening

Fruit was the theme of my nail polish this week, thanks to my friend Melanie's suggestion!  On my toes, an orange shade and on my fingers, lemon!  Although the shade is called Lightening, it's a lovely bright yellow creme.  I was really drawn to these shades of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail polish for summer because they were both bright happy shades.


In the sunlight


This shade started out extremely streaky and uneven and I knew after the second thin coat that this was going to be a fight.  The area by my nail bed kept showing up bare, even after applying thicker layers of polish.  The same problem occured with the orange shade of Insta-Dri on my toes.  I ended up slathering on two more super thick coats of polish onto my fingernails for a total of FOUR coats.  Tedious!  But the real problem was the bald areas by my cuticle so I ended up practically painting my entire first knuckle to get the entire nail opaque.  I was extremely frustrated!!  I ended up with a nail bed mess but it's not that obvious in real life.  You can still see some little spots of polish that I need to clean up but at least the polish came off of my skin rather easily.  I will not be purchasing any further shades from this line.  But in the end, I was satisfied with the way it turned out.  Very pretty bright yellow that's great for summer but a pain in the neck to apply.

In the shade
In the sun
Direct sunlight
In the shade

No comments:

Post a Comment