Sunday, August 14, 2011

Cheaper Alternative

If you like unique shades of nail polish then there is a good chance you will take one look at Essie's Turquoise and Caicos and fall in love.  But if you're like me, you might not be as crazy about the $8 price tag that goes along with Essie nail polishes.  For me, that's just a little much for a nail polish.  But after weeks of lusting after that unique aqua shade, I had to give in.  And I must say, I love that shade!  It's so different from the usual shades of pink and red that you find in drugstore nail polishes.  Then not one week later I found a shade that is one fourth of the price and really similar!  I wouldn't call it a dupe, because they aren't identical, but if you're just looking for that same unique mix of green and blue polish, then this shade might satisfy your lust for Turquoise and Caicos without hurting your wallet as much.  That shade is Sinful Colors in Mint Apple.

Indoor lighting


Natural lighting
Similarities:
- Both are a unique shade of aqua; a mix of blue and green that leans more towards the green side.
- Both are available at the drugstore (Walgreens).

Natural lighting


Differences:
- Mint Apple is a bit deeper than Turquoise and Caicos.
- Mint Apple is a shimmer finish while Turquoise and Caicos is a creme finish.

Indoor lighting

To be honest, I can't decide which one of the two I like better.  And when on my toes, I can't really tell the difference since it's so far away from my eyes.  Basically, if you're craving that unique aqua shade but aren't ready to drop eight bucks on a nail polish, Sinful Colors in Mint Apple might be a cheaper alternative that will satisfy your aqua lust.
Indoor lighting
Natural lighting

No comments:

Post a Comment