Friday, August 26, 2011

15 Weird Facts About Me

I saw this tag on Nouveau Cheap and thought it looked really fun!!


What's a nickname only your family calls you?
Family and a few close friends call me Pammy, as my first name is Pamela.



What's a weird habit of yours?
I don't really know if it's weird but if I break one fingernail, I have to cut them all.  I can't stand it when they aren't all the same length.



Do you have any weird phobias?
Again, not necessarily weird but I am rather afraid of snakes.  Spiders, roaches, lizards don't bother me but snakes... YECK!  And as a side note, I'm a teacher and have seen rattlesnakes on three different occasions while I was walking my class to and from places.  (I live in Florida and we have a campus at our elementary school where many of our "hallways" are outside.)  I have to stay calm and composed in front of the kids but inside I'm thinking 'RUUUUUUUUUUN!'


What's a song you secretly love to blast and belt out when you're alone?
Classic, always loved song by me: 
Brave New Girl from In The Zone.

I'll be honest though... anything early Britney Spears.  She was my guilty pleasure in high school when she first came out.  But this song in particular, I really love.




A song I've been really loving this year: Who Says by Selena Gomez




Basically, I love super girly pop songs and anything Taylor Swift!!


What's one of your biggest pet peeves?
When teachers don't know which homophone to use!!!  For example, they might write "There going to be late if they don't hurry."  Really!?!?  TEACHERS who don't know the difference!  I could go on for hours.



What's one of your nervous habits?
If I have to be quiet, I play with or touch my hair and sometimes pick at my fingernails.  It could be my nail polish or cuticles.  If it's a situation where I can talk, I say stupid things.  I just talk too much when I'm nervous and end up making things awkward.  Basically, I'm an extremely awkward and clumsy person.  (Anyone seen this commercial??  SOOOO ME!)







What side of the bed do you sleep on?
Whichever side is closer to the bathroom!  lol



What was your first stuffed animal and its name?
My dad bought me a stuffed Panda bear at the hospital when I was born that had "Pammy" written on a pink T-shirt.  So Pammy the Panda Bear was my first stuffed animal (that I know of) but the one I slept with for years was called Poley the Polar Bear.  So creative.  :P



What's the drink you always order at Starbucks?
I hardly ever go to Starbucks but when I do, I want a flavored frozen frappuccino.  Usually whatever the seasonal special is or if that doesn't sound good then I'll go for the classic mocha frappuccino.  I like frozen because in Florida it's almost always warm enough for frozen!



What's the beauty rule you preach, but never actually practice?
I don't know what the "rule" is, but I always end up wearing way too much blush.  I put on my makeup at 5:30 in the morning and I only have artificial light to go by.  When I see it after the sun comes up I'm always shocked at how much blush I have on my cheeks.  It looked so good in the light of my makeup mirror!  But the good news is that blush tends to fade pretty quickly.



Which way do you face in the shower?
With my back to the water, unless I need water on that side.



Do you have any weird body skills?
I can make a whistling sound with my tongue.  It kind of sounds like when you blow over the top of a bottle.



What's your favorite comfort food thats 'bad', but you love to eat it anyways?
KFC-style fried chicken and mashed potatoes.  Or any kind of ice cream!!



What's a phrase or exclamation you always say?
I wouldn't say I have one phrase but I quote one-liners from Futurama constantly.  It's my favorite show ever and I watch it over and over on DVD, usually while I put on my makeup.  (I'm watching it now as I write this post!!)  There are tons of funny one liners for every occassion.  One of my favorites that describes me very well is something the character Leela once said, "I can be really impulsive.  It just takes me awhile!"  I linked the clip here if you want to watch it.



Time to sleep - what are you actually wearing?
A plain white Hanes or Fruit of the Loom men's T-shirt and shorts that have Elmo's face on the front and on the back they say "Tickle Me".  hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment