This tutorial explains how to make your eyes look brighter and wide awake. I love this look for work days (I have to get up at 5 AM) because I feel like it detracts from my dark circles and helps to make it look like I got more sleep than I actually did. I really try to stay awake from dark shades on my bottom lashes because I feel like they make my dark circles even more obvious. I am so jealous of people who can wear dark eyeliner or mascara on their bottom lashline!
1. Use a good undereye concealer to hide any dark circles. I used Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer in Light 2 - 3.5: Ivory.
2. Set the concealer with a light layer of powder. Those with darker skin may want a yellow-shaded powder, to offset the darkness. Those with fair skin could even go with white powder. I just used Maybelline Mineral Power Finishing Veil Powder in Light (the same thing I used on my face).
3. Prime eyes. I used NYX Eyeshadow Base in Pearl. I used a soft eyeshadow brush to apply a light layer all over the lid, crease, and up to the browbone. I like the shimmer in the pearl base for extra light.
4. Apply eyeshadow. I chose Covergirl Eye Enhancers 3-kit Shadow in Shimmering Sands. I used the center shade on my lid, the left shade on my crease and the right shade as a highlight.
5. Line upper lashes. I used Wet N Wild Mega Eyes Defining Marker in Blackest Black. I thickened the line slightly as I reached the outer edge of my lashes. The contrast of black makes eyes seem brighter in comparison.
6. Line lower waterline. I used Wet N Wild Kohl Eyeliner in White.
7. Line lower lashline. I used Wet N Wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencil in Pixie. I applied some product to a fine angled liner brush and carefully lined the tear duct and around the eye, gradually using less towards the outside of the eye. I went over this with the highlight shade from the Covergirl pallette used earlier. The powder shadow makes the creme last longer.
8. Clean up any fallout with a damp Q-tip.
9. Curl lashes. Apply black mascara to top lashes only. I selected Wet N Wild Mega Length Mascara in Very Black.